Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Counting Down From 5

5 more days...
...and I am in full blown packing mode!
I've been organizing everything into categories, grouping the smaller stuff in baggies, dividing items by swim, bike, run; primary items, backup items, spare items.     If I have to have it on race day, it goes in my carry on. Everything else is checked. I like to pretend like I'm organized....Yeah, I talk a good game, but I always wind up over-packing. Que sera. Whatever works, right? It's all about getting it done.

Me Talking Aloud To No One In Particular:   "This is my swim stuff...that's for bike..and run. These are my civilian clothes..."
Don:  "Civilian clothes? What? You're not a civilian in the other stuff?"
LOL. Obviously, Don, a mere civilian doesn't get it. There are tri clothes and there are civilian clothes. The tri clothes have priority status, of course. Everything I'm packing represents a year's worth of effort and, of course, lots of shopportunities-- cha ching. One of my fav items is my HTFU shirt. It can mean a number of things:  Harden The F- UP. Hurry The F- UP. Or--I heard this one at the BBQ--  Hit The Finish line Upright. I plan on being upright when I hit the finish line.

And that's what's on my mind, 5 days out from IMAZ. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment