I woke up at 5:30 AM totally wired. I'm so pumped! Can't believe it's finally here....after a year of working, training, waiting, suffering, hating it, loving it, living it....IMAZ is tomorrow!!
I packed my transition bags, put the race # stickers on Stella, and loaded up my bento box with GU. Off we went for our practice swim at Tempe Town Lake. The water temp this AM was 63 degrees -- yes! I'll be able to wear my sleeveless wetsuit, which is what I'm used to swimming in. Some of the locals have been warning us about the water quality....but they've obviously never swam in the Potomac.
After our practice swim, Tracey went for a quick spin on her bike and I went for a short run on the path that borders the lake. Then we racked our bikes, dropped off our transition bags, and rehearsed the trip from the bags to the changing tent to the bike out....Looks easy enough. From there we headed over to Bob's daughter's house for a carbo-loading lunch. Some of the IM vets were there--Christy, Linda, Rich, Maggie--and gave us some last minute advice.
So here I am, on the eve of my first Ironman, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. Regardless of how it all turns out, the journey has been a blast. Unless I have some kind of major malfunction, I should be able to cruise in just before the midnight cutoff. With Priscilla as my Sherpa, I know I'm in good hands.
Such is my life on this, the final day before IMAZ.
No comments:
Post a Comment