Sunday, June 19, 2011

Swim, Bike....

What a great training weekend! Melissa had an open water swim practice and we had the lake all to ourselves! Swam a mile, with Melissa in the kayak watching over us and coaching us along the way. She helped me correct my technique and had me practice it over and over until I got it right. I think it was a breakthrough moment! She's so awesome.

Today- 60 miles on the bike. I felt so much better than I did during last weekend's 71 miler...and I actually had people to ride with, which was nice. Finished in 4:17 (including a convenience store break). 4:17 is a familiar time to me because I did the 56 miles at Musselman last year in 4:17. I hope this means I've gotten faster! Today's ride was hillier than Musselman, so maybe I'll make the damn bike cutoff afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment