At times I wonder if I'll ever be sleeping late again on the weekends. Once upon a time I would lounge in bed until 10:00 or 11:00. These days, sleeping till 7:00 is considered sleeping late. In fact, I get up earlier on the weekends than I do on weekdays. But today is yet another example of why it's so worth it to drag myself out of bed waaay too early.
This morning the alarm went off at 4:45. Ugh, no fun. But by the time I throw my swim gear in my car and take off for Lake Montclair, I am thrilled to be awake. Lake Montclair is flat calm quiet this early in the morning---perfect for a swim. We slip into the water and aim for the big white house on the other side of the lake. Melissa paddles next to us in her kayak---my own personal coach, cruising right alongside me, offering tips on technique and making sure I make the necessary corrections---can it get any better than that?
I'm hoping the Lake Montclair swims and Melissa's coaching will be the extra help I need to make it happen on race day---and make all those early mornings worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment