Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dear Sally...

Zooma Half Marathon
Goal: 2:30 or under
Actual: 2:35:50

Dear Sally,

Are you the same Sally that PR'd at The Pig? Oh, okay. I just wasn't sure because you ran too slowly to make your self-imposed 2:30 half marathon cutoff at Zooma. 2:35, huh. Is that all you got? Pretty lame.

And what's up with the oh-so-casual attitude? I ask because it seems you thought you could just sashay through the 13.1 miles without really training for it. Let's see, looking back it seems you didn't run more than, what, 6 miles since The Pig? Is that any way to train for a half marathon?

Now, I get that you only signed up two weeks ago (another sign of your lackadaisical attitude) and I know you'll use the excuse that you've been busy hiking and trying to get faster in swimming and biking, but triathlon also requires being fast at running, remember? It's on your schedule; fit it in!

Please tell me that wasn't you whining about the humidity.HAHAHAHA. Please. A quick check of accuweather.com's handy dandy hourly forecast shows you had nice, overcast skies, with temps right around 70. It's June. Hello? It could be so much worse than you had it out there today. Next time, suck it up, Sally, no whining allowed.

Also, I could've sworn I heard you complain about some of the hills on the course. Seriously, Sally, does a wannabe bad ass let a few hills slow her down?! You need to HTFU!

Sincerely Unimpressed,

Your Wise Inner Critic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Wise Inner Critic,

You're right.

Sincerely,

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment