Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cheers to 2011


When I started this semi-secret blog a year ago, I had big goals and big doubts about whether I could accomplish them. Climbing Kilimanjaro had been on my list for more than a decade. Attempting an Ironman was almost a spur of the moment decision. I had high hopes but low expectations about how well I would do.

Now, here I am a year later and I can't believe I can say I accomplished everything I set out to do. Oh happy day.

So here's my Top 10 for 2011:

1. Set a new marathon PR by 6 minutes
2. Swam my first 2 miler
3. Made the cutoffs at Kinetic and Musselman
4. Got my masters degree from Georgetown
5. Raised $20,000 for AIDS orphans
6. Interviewed Pres. Obama
7. Participated in my first biathlon
8. Climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro!
9. Did my first sub-8 hour Half Ironman (Waterman's)
10. Became an Ironman! Happy Birthday to me.

To say that it's been an incredible, amazing, insane year is quite the understatement.
So, I offer a big fat toast to 2011, a year that can't be topped. A year I will never forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment