Oh the logistics of tri training. Sunday was one of those days that required lots of "what am I going to wear and where am I going to change clothes" thinking. It was a day that required advance mapping out of how to get from Point A to Points B, C, D, E, and F. It was an easy training day but a logistical nightmare for the organizationally challenged, such that I am.
What are you supposed to do when your day requires 5 different outfits and no time to head home and change inbetween? Hit the McDonalds, of course!
8AM 20 mile bike ride, then to McDonalds for a Diet Coke and to change clothes. (CLOTHING CHANGE #1)
11AM Nutrition clinic, then to McDonalds to use the restroom (no clothes changing this time---and yes, I resisted the Diet Coke).
12:30PM Off to Bonzai to pick up a long sleeve wetsuit rental---had to try it on to make sure it fit. (CLOTHING CHANGE #2)
1:15PM Drove to Haymarket for a quarry swim, but not without a quick stop at McDonalds to change into my swimming attire. (CLOTHING CHANGE #3)
2:30 to 4:30PM Quarry swim. Then I decided to shake things up and change into my next outfit at the Sheetz..... next to the McDonalds. (CLOTHING CHANGE #4)
5:30PM Women's-specific tri clinic, with my hair still wet from the swim (yes, I packed a blow dryer...and no, the Sheetz didn't have an outlet).
My Sunday activities lasted 12 hours and required 5 different outfits. I drove about 130 miles. My car is a rolling storage closet.
But really, I'm not complaining. I wonder what on earth I would do with my time if I weren't a triathlete. Too much time on your hands? Take up triathlon and you'll stay busy. And if you have a lot of money to blow, this is the sport for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment