It's me again, Your Wise Inner Critic, wondering what the hell you're doing. I'm giving you one week to get your act together. Let's review your current status:
You still don't know how everything works on your new tri bike. Seriously, you couldn't remember how to put the water bottle on the aero bars on Sunday. How pathetic is that? And you still don't know everything about how your new bike computer works. But perhaps most pathetic of all, you still haven't figured out how your new watch works. How many years have you worn a watch? Through 8 marathons and more than a couple dozen triathlons? And all you can do is run the chrono? That's right, I'm calling you out.
I'm calling you out because you aren't sleeping enough or eating right and I don't care how much you've cut back, you are still a Diet Coke addict.
I'm calling you out because you haven't nailed down your nutrition plan for IMAZ. Hello?
I'm calling you out because you aren't consistently getting in your weekday runs. WTF?
I'm calling you out because it just now occurred to you that you might have to wear a long sleeve wetsuit at IMAZ and therefore need to practice in one. Duh.
I'm calling you out because you haven't practiced your tire changing skills on your new bike. What are you waiting for? Please.
You have a 110 mile ride on Saturday and an 18 mile run on Sunday...and it just goes up from there. IMAZ is 50-something days away. At what point were you going to take the time to figure all of this out? All of these ancillary details need to be taken care of --stat. It's not enough to swim, bike, and run. You won't be an Ironman unless you nail the other stuff too. Get your act together or I will slap you around and make you do the Savageman bike course as your penalty ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment